The Finnish Institute of health and welfare has updated their guidance on COVID-19 pandemic. Based on the updated statement, the Government of Finland has updated their restriction guidelines, permitting gatherings of up to 50 people.
Historical Fencing is a contact sport and our salle is limited in size. Our members come from all walks of life, so exposure with risk groups is something we have to take seriously.
Therefore, the steering committee has decided to restart training activities and seminars with caveats detailed below. Due to the nature of the pandemic in question, the steering comittee refrains from issuing dates for restoration of regular activities.
Steering committee has elected to lower the training fees for the summer block to twenty (20) euros (€). Those beginners who have already paid the spring beginner’s class fees are permitted to train the remainder of 2020 without further costs. The class leader refunds are cancelled for the summer season of 2020.
- Classes resume on summer schedule for June-July. All sparring is strictly prohibited inside the salle during class days. Freeplay and sparring is permitted outside the salle, and class days.
- Wednesday: Rapier 18:00 - 19:30
- Thursday (18:00 -19:30): One class (60 minutes) with 30 minutes of free training, during which the weapons shall be racked prior to Sabre
- Thursday (19:30 - 20:30) after Fiore: Sabre.
- FKFC shall return, with separate events, with separate announcements
- Sundays, I.33, 90 minutes of training and 30 minutes of free training.
- Beginners are welcome to all classes.
- During summer season, we practice outside, weather permitting.
- In the event of indoor classes, safety distance is to be kept.
- No one comes to classes sick or with respiratory symptoms. If you are sick, stay home.
- Washing of hands before and after classes is mandatory.
- Salle shall be aired before and after indoor classes
- Registration to class via Myclub.
- Communal masks shall be reserved for spring beginners.
- Salle’s clean-up is to be improved. Handles shall be wiped before and after classes.
Concerning Distance and intensity:
- Warmup should be light.
- Class leader shall monitor the two (2) meter rule between pairs and between fencers. This distance shall observed in in- and outdoor classes
- Dagger and Wrestling are strictly prohibited until 31.7.2020.
- Locks and takedowns shall be avoided in other weapons as well.
- Classes should concentrate on technique drills. Pair drills shall avoid close range plays, favoring long distance and shallow target plays.
- Freeplay and sparring indoors is strictly prohibited on class days.
Regarding outdoors practise you should consider:
- The surface is asphalt, so bring appropriate footwear. Bring with you an exercise mat or gloves if you intend to do pushups.
- Possibly windy or sunny conditions. Dress appropriately.
- Bring your own water bottle.
Puheenjohtaja / Chair of Board,